In 1911, a little Scout knocked on the door of E. Urner Goodman asking if he would be a Scoutmaster of a local troop. Wondering what Scouting was all about Dr. Goodman volunteered and became Scoutmaster of Troop 1. Later, in 1915, believing that those Scouts who best exemplified the spirit of the Scout Oath and law in their daily lives should be recognized; he created the Wimachtendienk W. W. Later, the name was changed to the Order of the Arrow. The Boy Scouts of America approved the Order of the Arrow as part of its program in 1934.
Uh-Tō-Yeh-Hut-Tee Lodge was formed in 2016 with the merger of Seminole Lodge 85 and Timuquan Lodge 340. The merger was effective during the weekend of August 5 – 7, 2016. The transition team chose the name and totem. Uh-Tō-Yeh-Hut-Tee is the Seminole word for lightning. The lodge totem is the bull.
In 1936, two years after the OA became part of the BSA program, the council in the Tampa Bay area accepted the O.A. too. The lodge was chartered in 1936 under the name Kiondashama Lodge 85, and the head of Osceola was chosen as the lodge totem. It was soon discovered that the Knight and Wall Paint Company of Tampa had trademarked the Osceola head. At that time, a Pine Tree became the lodge totem. In 1938 the name of the lodge was changed to Seminole Lodge 85, and the totem was changed to the White Ibis.
In 1951 Seminole Lodge lost its charter, but just one year later they were once again active. Seminole was the oldest lodge in the section, had a good name in the area and has won several competitions. One of our proudest moments was in 2003 when one of our members, Nick Digirolamo was elected National Chief. At the time of the merger, Seminole Lodge was celebrating its 80th Anniversary.
Tmimuquan Lodge was founded in 1946 and at the time of the merger was celebrating its 70th anniversary.